[Dovecot] Migrating from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot

Andreas Mimz Andreas.Mimz at kOS2.de
Tue Dec 27 13:32:13 EET 2005

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

>>> You have contacted wrong list. Display of inbox subfolders depends on
>>> used SquirrelMail version and other SquirrelMail settings. You haven't
>>> provided information about your SquirrelMail version and used preset.
>>>

>> I'm using Squirrelmail 1.5.1 CVS version and I've patched
>> "functions/imap_mailbox.php" because it looks like if squirrel can't
>> find the 'INBOX' folder so I add it if it there's none... But I've found
>> another "problem"... Outlook or Outlook Express both add the "INBOX"
>> Folder to the 'subscriptions' file. I don't really know if
>> this is necessary - but in Thunderbird and Squirrelmail I then have an
>> subfolder of inbox which is called 'INBOX'! i can unsubscribe from the
>> folder then it's gone... until I open any of the Outlook clients... Is
>> this maybe a namespace problem??
>>

> In 1.5.1cvs inbox subfolders are listed in same tree level as inbox.

With every email client (squirrel/thunderbird/outlook express) the
subfolders are listed in the same tree level as inbox when using the
default dovecot namespace. that's why I'm using the courier-style
namespace. with the courier-namespace style configuration squirrel
didn't show the 'inbox' as a folder - that's why I patched it... the
other email clients are showing the subfolders now fine as a subfolder
of inbox. the main problem I have is that outlook /-express are
subscribing to the folder 'INBOX' which I then see as a subfolder of
inbox in Thunderbird / Squirrel. Since I don't know the IMAP protocol in
detail I thought this maybe a namespace problem...
maybe I'm all wrong... when using the default dovecot namespace do I
have to rename all folders if I want them to be a subfolder of inbox ?