[Dovecot] Dovecot auth patch updated for Postfix 2.3-20051121

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 01:04:35 EET 2005

On Thursday 2005-December-08 16:22, Udo Rader wrote:
> > http://www.nodns4.us/postfix-2.3-20051121-dovecot-auth.patch.gz
> >
> > md5sum:
> > 6f01782a118f5407f1ed40f4714504cd
> > postfix-2.3-20051121-dovecot-auth.patch.gz
> >
> > The original patch is here:
> >
> > http://dovecot.org/patches/postfix/postfix-2.2.1-dovecot-auth.patch
>
> I've tried to get an answer about this on the postfix ML, but as this

I missed it there, being way behind after 2 days away.

> is really dovecot related I'll try here as well:
>
> What is the purpose of this patch? Does this indeed enable postfix to
> access dovecot's SASL implementation and thus allowing to get rid of
> Cyrus SASL?

IWFM without Cyrus-SASL.

> And if so, how does one implement/configure this? I did not find

Sorry, it's at http://dovecot.org/patches/postfix/README . That
documents the differences between this and Cyrus-SASL only. The Postfix
SASL_README is still mandatory.

> anything in the wiki and thus would be willing to share my
> experience.

Good idea! Maybe one of these days I'll set up an account at the wiki.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header