[Dovecot] Bugtracking system

Glenn Leavell glenn at usg.edu
Tue Dec 6 22:46:54 EET 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:34:56PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Glenn Leavell wrote:
> >>Still would be a good idea. Hmm. Last I tried, Trac didn't want to get
> >>installed without SVN. Mantis requires MySQL and I'd rather avoid that.
> >>So, would it be Bugzilla then? It seems to nowadays support PostgreSQL
> >>and it's kind of a standard everywhere. :)
> >If that's what you're comfortable with, then that sounds great to me.  I
> >know that a lot of us are certainly experienced with *using* it.
>
> Please, no bugzilla. It's top-heavy and really cumbersome to use.
>
> Mantis has a much better interface, and is much more straightforward to
> configure and use. Please save the database elitism for the
> linux-vs-freebsd and atari-vs-commodore flame lists where those
> discussions belong.
>
> I've used and setup a _lot_ of different bugtrackers extensively and
> mantis sucks the least. And I have used some which _really_ suck.

I agree that Bugzilla can be cumbersome.  But I'm most interested in there
being *some* bug tracking system in place.  If Timo is going to be managing
the system, his preference will probably carry the most weight.  That being
said, it sounds like you've got a lot of experience in this area, and
perhaps Timo would be wise to listen!  After all, Dovecot is a great
product, so we'll probably be using whatever system gets put in place for a
long time to come.

Glenn