[Dovecot] Bugtracking system

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Tue Dec 6 20:20:50 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 20:09 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 10:57 -0500, Glenn Leavell wrote:
> > Back in April, there was a little discussion about the possibility of using
> > a bug tracking system for Dovecot (Bugzilla, Trac, and Mantis were
> > mentioned).  Do you think it might be time to revisit that?
>
> Still would be a good idea. Hmm. Last I tried, Trac didn't want to get
> installed without SVN. Mantis requires MySQL and I'd rather avoid that.
>
> So, would it be Bugzilla then? It seems to nowadays support PostgreSQL
> and it's kind of a standard everywhere. :)

I don't know what exact requirements you have for a bugtracking system,
but we would be willing to host the dovecot bugtracker on one of our
hosts.

We are using mantis (http://www.mantisbt.org) extensively for our own
projects (both open and closed source). It can be easily configured to
interact with both CVS and SVN and we like the straightforward approach
it offers.

Regards

Udo Rader

--