[Dovecot] Feature/bug starting from xinetd

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 6 19:29:18 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 14:29 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> After fixing the errors and getting it to work properly, I went back to
> running it from xinetd. It would not allow me to log on, nor would it
> use any of the loging options I set.
>
> After making a symlink from /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf to /etc/dovecot.conf,
> it worked perfectly.
>
> My suggestions:
>
> 	1.	Change the Wiki to point out the difference in the config
> 		file location.

Where in wiki does it say that it's only in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf?

> 	2.	Change the inetd version to default to /usr/local/etc.
>
> 	3.	Add (and/or document) an option to the inetd version to
> 		specify config file location.

The default config file directory is specified when configuring Dovecot
(--sysconfdir=/etc). If you installed it from binary package, it's
usually in /etc/dovecot.conf. Starting it from inetd shouldn't change
the config file location.