[Dovecot] Tools to analyze status/stats?

wolff gary.wolff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:33:41 EET 2005

Thanks for the info... I will check sendmail/procmail more to see if i can
idenfity anything.

As far as tools or reports, I was thinking if I could look at the following
things I could get a good idea of the status/health of my mailserver/imap
server...

- The number of messages per date range, per user, received, delivered to
each user mail box, and undeliverable messages
- The number of messages for unknown users or which had any sort of delivery
problem
- Any error messages dovecot might produce communicating with the mta.

I guess the latter would be in my log files somewhere...I've found log
entries identifying the starting/stopping of dovecot, but haven't come
across any other messages (which I assume is a good thing and that the
system is working just fine... and also because I am getting mail ...:-))

Regards,

Gary Wolff