[Dovecot] lock file 2nd attempt for help

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 2 15:23:15 EET 2005

On 21.11.2005, at 10:21, Obantec Support wrote:

> my last post got no replies so i am trying again.
> FC3 dovecot 1.0 stable, 1 user has a lock file using mbox under
> /var/spool/mail/username
>
> from the lock file the pid files are
..

What do you mean by this list? You mean you looked into the .lock file,
got a process's pid from there and looked what files it has open? or?

I'm guessing this happens because of deadlocking. If you're using both
dotlock and fcntl, you have to make sure that they're used in same
order in all programs accessing the mboxes. Check with "procmail -v"
what it says. Dovecot defaults to "dotlock fcntl". I think procmail
could default to "fcntl dotlock", so you need to change Dovecot to use
the same order. Or if both use fcntl, you could just remove dotlock
completely.