tss at iki.fi
Fri Sep 24 15:41:52 EEST 2004
Most importantly added mbox_lazy_writes option, enabled by default.
This makes Dovecot do writes to mbox only with EXPUNGE and CHECK
commands and when mailbox is being closed. This is the same behaviour
as with UW-IMAP. Especially useful for POP3 where most users just
download the mails and delete everything - with this enabled Dovecot
doesn't anymore go writing X-UID headers and whatever.
Be careful anyway with this release, it seems to be working with me but
mbox can get corrupted from simple mistakes.
Other important fixes include:
- handle UIDVALIDITY changes in mbox correctly
- we might have overridden others dotlock files if they were being
rapidly recreated with different processes
- should fix syncing read-only mboxes (maybe dovecot.org finally stops
giving internal errors :)
- fixed several other mbox syncing issues which were quite rare
without lazy writing
- when sending lots of non-mail data to IMAP clients, Dovecot might
have lost some of it causing weird problems. With pop3 it crashed with
assert instead of losing data.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 186 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/attachments/20040924/146965fe/PGP.pgp
More information about the dovecot