[Dovecot] migration to maildir and arrival time

Nicolas Kowalski Nicolas.Kowalski at imag.fr
Fri Oct 22 11:17:50 EEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Nicolas Kowalski wrote:

> For example, I use this:
>
> mailutil copy -verbose '{source-server/user=kowalski}toto' \
> '{dovecot-server/user=kowalski}toto'
>
> When the destination storage format is maildir, the mailboxes are not the
> same. I checked the contents of the maildir, in the .toto/cur/ directory.
> What I see is the files having correct mtime (I also checked their contents).
> But when I use pine, and its arrival sort, to look into this 'toto' folder,
> the last message received is as the top.

I also noticed that viewing the same Maildir mailbox with a dovecot
server, and with a courier-imap server, with arrival sorting, does not
produce the same results in my MUAs (Mozilla 1.7.3 and Pine 4.61).

Could I have missed something in my configuration ?

default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/indexes/%u
mail_cache_fields =

Thanks in advance.

--
Nicolas