[Dovecot] 1.0-test48

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 15 03:11:43 EEST 2004

http://dovecot.org/test/

  - dovecot-auth talks now ASCII based protocol. this makes it easy to
write complete replacement auth server if someone wants to do something
weird. I also thought maybe Postfix could be made to talk that (or
similiar) protocol as well, but no-one has answered my mail about it so
far. Perhaps I should just write binary compatible libsasl2 which
actually talks to dovecot-auth.
  - other authentication code cleanups
  - don't insert extra spaces at the beginning of FETCH replies (I guess
most clients ignored them)
  - mbox fixes
  - some index fixes
  - Hopefully fixes _send_istream() assert crash with FreeBSD
(sendfile() was used wrong)

The authentication code changes haven't been tested too much. I only
tried that PLAIN authentication works. Others might not.