[Dovecot] mbox and maildir

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 15 00:28:07 EEST 2004

http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/Namespaces

> Or am I stuck not being able to create subdirectories in ~/mail?

It's possible to create subdirectories under ~/mail. It's just not
possible to create a mailbox which also has submailboxes (ie. UNIX
doesn't support files being also directories).

Creating directories is usually done with IMAP clients by appending '/'
after the mailbox name. Or simply creating the whole mailbox as
"sub/mailbox" without creating "sub".