[Dovecot] Enable outlook-idle workaround.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 11 15:03:54 EEST 2004

On 11.10.2004, at 12:54, Andreas Aardal Hanssen wrote:

>>> but I thought I'd require
>>> all workarounds to be explicitly enabled so future client
>>> implementors
>>> can make sure their clients work without any of them.
>
> System adminstrators have no reason to switch off a workaround in
> Dovecot
> because a bug was fixed in a certain revision of an IMAP client, and
> Microsoft doesn't need Dovecot to fix this bug.
>
> Don't mean to sound pragmatic, but why make it an option?

Mostly because I don't want to hide all the workarounds that have been
required for clients. Microsoft may not ever fix Outlook, but other
client implementors might see what bugs others have had, and make sure
they won't have at least the same bugs.

Maybe outlook-idle workaround could be enabled by default. Hmm. I guess
I'll do that.