[Dovecot] Enable outlook-idle workaround.

AWC Maillists maillists at awcconsulting.com
Tue Oct 5 23:28:41 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On 5.10.2004, at 22:30, AWC Maillists wrote:
>
>> Ok, maybe I am missing something very obvious here but I can not find
>> any documentation on how to implement the outlook-idle workaround.
>> Can anyone point me to an article or something with more details on
>> this issue?
>

> Reading through dovecot.conf would be a good idea in any case. It's
> there.

Thanks... I did see the entry in dovecot.conf, but it does not exactly
explain what is does to keep Outlook from doing the idle timeouts.  More
specifically, does this option still cause Outook to generate the
annoying timeout messages?  Or does it somehow trick Outlook into
thinking the connection is not idle.

Also, does enabling this option cause any problems/error message with
other clients?

Thanks for the prompt reply.