[Dovecot] >From escaping

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 5 13:50:35 EEST 2004

On 5.10.2004, at 13:02, Dean Earley wrote:

> Is there an option in dovecot to remove the >From escaping in the body
> of
> mbox mails?

No. I guess it would be possible to create >From-removing stream on top
of raw-mbox-stream, but it would make the code slower and I don't think
it's worth the trouble. Also when Dovecot saves messages to mbox, it
doesn't do From-quoting. If the >From-removing was done, Dovecot would
also have to do From-quoting to keep the behaviour consistent..