[Dovecot] trouble accessing mbox folders with simultaneous logins

Michael Cosby michael at crosscode.org
Mon Oct 4 18:12:00 EEST 2004

I can help you narrow the problem down a bit. I'm assuming you're using 1.0-test45 or 46, in which case I see the same problem using mbox, index files stored on disk and no NFS. I access my mail via pine and chatter email (an imap client for the palm). While I've not seen any errors that specifically say UID, the client for the palm will occasionally reload messages from a few days back thinking they're new, which eventually crashes the client when the count of mail it should be loading doesn't match what it actually got (the palm client's in beta, too :) ).

I solved the problem by moving back to the 0.99 series, which other than performance issues works just fine for me.

- Michael