[Dovecot] evolution and received by header

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 3 20:00:52 EEST 2004

On 30.9.2004, at 00:30, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> However, when using dovecot with evo, if I sort of received by instead
> of date, it takes forever.  I assume this is because date is indexed,
> and received by is not.

Last I looked, Evolution fetched all except Received headers for all
messages and sorted them locally. For Received-sorting it used IMAP's
"internaldate" field, not the Received-header.

I'm using Received-sorting with Evolution 1.4.6 and it isn't slow. I
don't know if they've changed something in 2.0 though.

> So the natural question becomes, is there a way of getting dovecot to
> index received by?

1.0-tests automatically cache whatever headers are specifically
requested.