[Dovecot] Dovecot/IMP attachment problem

Ryan Hulsker ryan.hulsker at cybersurf.com
Fri Oct 1 02:33:22 EEST 2004

I recently installed dovecot in my production environment.  This
comprises about 60k mailboxes.

The system was initially set up with dovecot 0.99.10.7 using maildirs.
I have been using perdition to handle redirection during the process of
converting from wu-imap.

Last week it was brought to my attention that our webmail interface
(horde/imp) is no longer allowing people to download attachments.
Everything appears to work fine, however the downloaded files are 0
bytes in size.

I built a test box with the latest horde/imp/php combination and that
failed to solve the problem.

Today I upgraded dovecot on one of our mail servers to 0.99.11 and that
seems to have had no effect.  I was hoping that the BODY and
BODYSTRUCTURE changes from 99.10.8 would have fixed this.

I am wondering if anyone has encountered these problems? Is this a
dovecot bug?

Due to the fact that I am still in transition mode using perdition I am
in the unique position where I can basically hit two identical
mailboxes, one in wu-imap and the other in dovecot just by using a
different username.  I have done this, and have ethereal traces if
anyone is interested in helping me out with this.

Ryan Hulsker