[Dovecot] dovecot and nfs

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Sat May 29 02:18:12 EEST 2004

I configured dovecot on a Fedora Core 2 system - the version that comes
with FC2.  I was using it with a RHEL 3 NFS server.

Dovecot would again and again get stuck trying to grab an fcntl lock,
even though I specified that it should only use dotlocks in
dovecot.conf.  Sometimes it would segfault (leaving things locked?).
Often there would be two dovecot imapd processes for the same user.

I've since moved dovecot onto our internal NFS server, but we have many
(relatively) external imap servers where it might be nice to use
dovecot, and in a number of those scenarios, NFS would be a requirement.

Thanks.

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu>