[Dovecot] 0.99.10.5 release candidate

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu May 27 17:52:24 EEST 2004

On 27.5.2004, at 17:11, Olivier Tharan wrote:

>> Thought I'd still make one 0.99.10.x release now that mbox corruption
>> problems are (hopefully) fixed.
>
> I have yet to see from my testers if mailbox corruption still occurs.

So far I've heard only positive reports :)

> I keep seeing the following message from time to time:
>
> ,----
> | May 27 16:04:38 munster imap(xxxx): Our dotlock file
> /home/xxxx/Mail/mrtg.lock was modified (1085666677 vs 1085666678),
> assuming it wasn't overridden
> `----
>
> Could it still be a NFS-locking problem?

Hmm.. Just one second difference. Is it always one second?

> Dovecot uses: mbox_locks = dotlock

If you don't use fcntl locking (and with NFS you probably won't), you'd
have to enable mbox_read_dotlock, otherwise mailbox isn't locked for
reading at all and that could cause problems. I think I'll make Dovecot
complain about this if it's not done..