[Dovecot] Envelope From changed - why?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 4 20:15:10 EEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 12:57, Tom Alsberg wrote:
> So, Timo and others -
>
> Any ideas, status, expectations, or hints, regarding this?
>
> I haven't looked much since, but I'd like to fix it, and wouldn't want
> to do it ugly (back-searching "\nFrom ")...  Where shall I try, or is
> a fix (1.0 mbox support?) in its way?

What I was going to do to 1.0 is make it read the address from From-line
and make it available with mail->get_special(mail,
MAIL_FETCH_FROM_ENVELOPE). Then add char *from_envelope to save()
function, and make it save that for mbox if it's given. Then just make
COPY command fetch it and feed it to save().

mbox code is still completely broken in 1.0-test releases. I was going
to begin working on that soon.