[Dovecot] error starting dovecot

Avery Day schrock at dayzed.com
Tue Mar 30 00:44:38 EEST 2004

<quote who="Charlie Brady">

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Avery Day wrote:
>
>> I am running redhat 9.0. I have been using uw-imap for some time now and
>> wanted to try our dovecot. After installing dovecot and trying to start
>> it
>> up I am getting an error
>> -------------------
>> Starting IMAP daemon (dovecot): Fatal: Can't use SSL certificate
>> /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem: No such file or directory
>
> My guess is that you don't have an SSL certificate at
> /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem.
>
> --
> Charlie
>
> A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
> Q: Why should i start my reply below the quoted text?

Thanks for trying to help me.

I did not see anywhere on dovecotts website or in the insall file where it
said that I needed to create these certificates. I tried dovecot on one of
my fedora machines with no problems. Could you please be kind enough to
tell me how to create a ssl certificate for dovecot?

Thanks,
AD

--
Avery Day