[Dovecot] 1.0-test22 - maildir fixed?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 28 23:12:45 EEST 2004

On 28.6.2004, at 22:57, Moe Wibble wrote:

> Problem solved. It was my fault...
> The pkg-maintainer Santiago instantly replied to my bug report and
> enlightened me about my broken procmailrc. I was missing the slashes
> after
> the Maildir paths so procmail didn't treat them as Maildirs but as..
> well, dirs that don't require unique names.

Perhaps Dovecot should require at least minimal compliance from maildir
filenames so problem like these wouldn't happen. IIRC Courier requires
that filename starts with digit, otherwise it isn't touched.

Anyone have opinions either way?

One reason why I haven't added any checks is because while testing I
often create filenames such as "foo", "foo2", etc. Might take a while
to start remembering that digit is required as first character.