[Dovecot] 1.0-test22 - maildir fixed?

Moe Wibble t1lt at bk.ru
Mon Jun 28 22:57:50 EEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 05:47:24PM +0200, Moe Wibble wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 05:32:58PM +0200, Maikel Verheijen wrote:
> >
> > On Jun 28, 2004, at 4:57 PM, Moe Wibble wrote:
> >
> > >I'm not sure whether they're unique but since they're only 4 digits I
> > >suppose they're at best some Very Cheap Imitation of unique...
> > >I guess it's time to find a better mailfilter than procmail.

> > >Gonna try that later if switching to a filter that writes _real_
> > >Maildir didn't help.
> >
> > At home I run procmail from sendmail (as the local mailer) and it
> > generates files like:
> >
> > 	1085555933.58805_0.hostname
> >
> > which seems to be a timestamp, the PID of procmail with an addition and
> > a hostname.
> >
> > My procmail version is built from ports on freebsd 5.1 and is:
> > "procmail v3.22 2001/09/10".
>
> Ah, interesting.
> I'm running the "same" version but from debian:
>
> procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
> procmail_3.22-9_i386.deb
>
> Your message (the one I am replying to) was stored as: msg.qBs4
>
> Seems the BSD port has some patch applied that the debian version hasn't.
> I'm gonna file a bug report to the package maintainer.

Problem solved. It was my fault...
The pkg-maintainer Santiago instantly replied to my bug report and
enlightened me about my broken procmailrc. I was missing the slashes after
the Maildir paths so procmail didn't treat them as Maildirs but as..
well, dirs that don't require unique names.

I've corrected my mistake and gonna give that test22 another shot.
Sorry for causing confusion!

best regards