[Dovecot] 1.0-test22 - maildir fixed?

Moe Wibble t1lt at bk.ru
Mon Jun 28 18:47:24 EEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 05:32:58PM +0200, Maikel Verheijen wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2004, at 4:57 PM, Moe Wibble wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure whether they're unique but since they're only 4 digits I
> >suppose they're at best some Very Cheap Imitation of unique...
> >I guess it's time to find a better mailfilter than procmail.
> >
> >>http://dovecot.org/patches/dovecot-maildir-debug.diff
> >
> >Gonna try that later if switching to a filter that writes _real_
> >Maildir didn't help.
>
> At home I run procmail from sendmail (as the local mailer) and it
> generates files like:
>
> 	1085555933.58805_0.hostname
>
> which seems to be a timestamp, the PID of procmail with an addition and
> a hostname.
>
> My procmail version is built from ports on freebsd 5.1 and is:
> "procmail v3.22 2001/09/10".

Ah, interesting.
I'm running the "same" version but from debian:

procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
procmail_3.22-9_i386.deb

Your message (the one I am replying to) was stored as: msg.qBs4

Seems the BSD port has some patch applied that the debian version hasn't.
I'm gonna file a bug report to the package maintainer.

greets