[Dovecot] 0.99.10.6 -imap flag update problem still present

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 28 17:28:22 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 13:07, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
>>x OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
>
> So, not that then. Are any flag changes permanent? If you modify seen
> flag, is "Status: RO" header ever written in the mbox?

Where would I see that? In a telnet session? In the headers in the
mailbox file?

> They aren't
> updated immediately, only after the mailbox is closed. And if moving
> mails didn't work, did simply expunging them?
>
> Anyway, this sounds pretty strange. I haven't heard of anything similiar
> before and 0.99.10.6 is used with mbox by many people..

8/ ...

There are actually two problems that are reported to me:

(1) People are reading mail, and when the next mail comes in, the mails
just read change status to 'unread'. I've seen this myself with a
variety of clients, not strictly reproducibly, but... it happens.

(2) People move read mail from the inbox to some other folder (or delete
it) and find two copies - one in the new folder (or trash), and one in
the old one. This I have not seen myself, and those who have seen it
have not yet reported it for 0.99.10.6.

	hauke

--
            Hauke Fath                   /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Institut für Nachrichtentechnik         \ /    No HTML/RTF in email