[Dovecot] 0.99.10.6 -imap flag update problem still present

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jun 24 18:12:49 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 17:48, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
>>the email status problem that I reported for Dovecot 0.99.10.5 on
>>June 3rd does still show up in 0.99.10.6. Quoting myself:
>>
>>(1) When new mail is delivered to the inbox, the last read mail(s) change(s)
>>to "unread". Clients: Eudora 6 (Mac), Mozilla 1.6 (NetBSD, Linux, Win
>>XP), MS Outlook.
>

> Is this with maildir?

No, mbox.

>>(2) When you attempt to move mails from the inbox to another folder
>>with Mozilla
>>(1.6 on win32, Linux, NetBSD), they are not removed from the inbox,
>>effectively performing a copy instead of a move.
>

> Probably same reason why 1) happens.
>
> It seems like flags cannot be changed at all? There's nothing in
> Dovecot's logs?

Nothing.

>Did it used to work before?

No. I set up the server two months ago with 0.99.10.4, iirc. The issue
is most annoying for Mozilla users since deleted mail is only flagged
(which does not work), so you get duplicates after every move. Eudora
physically removes the original mail, so the problem only shows up with
the 'read' flag.

>>(3) I see a regular log entry from a MS Outlook 2000 SP 3
>>
>>Jun  3 10:26:23 bounce imap-login: SSL_read() syscall failed: EOF
>>[130.83.XXX.XXX]
>

> ssl_verbose = no. That's the reason it's no by default, the messages
> aren't very useful.

:)

Okay, I'll change that.

	hauke

--
            Hauke Fath                   /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Institut für Nachrichtentechnik         \ /    No HTML/RTF in email