[Dovecot] Re: [ismail] Re: using Dovecot

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Thu Jun 24 01:19:43 EEST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:26:01 +0000, "Kelley Reynolds"
<kelley at insidesystems.net> wrote:

>I've never used dovecot, but I know that those directories aren't what IMAP servers generally expect when looking for a rootfolderpath.
>
>For example, courier is always 'INBOX', uw-imap is usually but not always 'mail', and sometimes it's just a blank string. My guess is that for you, it's one of those three. If your mail is in a 'mail' directory, I suggest just putting 'mail' and not '~/mail'.
>
>Kelley Reynolds
>President
>Inside Systems, Inc

I'm going to cross post this to the dovecot list in case someone there has an
idea. To bring those people up to speed: I'm evaluating ISMail
(www.insidesystems.net) as a replacement for IMP.  I'm having problems
configuring the IMAP settings to work with Dovecot.

===

I've got some progress. I set rootmailfolder to "~/mail".  When I login to
ISMail, it creates the directory ~/inbox as follows:

  mail
      Sent Items

then dies.

If I set rootmailfolder to as "rootmailfolder=" with no argument, it creates

   .imap
      INBOX
          .customflags
          .imap.index.data