[Dovecot] 1.0-test22 - maildir fixed?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 23 09:16:32 EEST 2004

http://dovecot.org/test/

Well, remember when I said:

> Here you go, maildir syncing problems finally fixed (I hope). Well,
> except there's this "new-dir-only syncing" optimization which I'm not
> really sure if it works as it should.

Just before I found the expunge bug in index, I was trying to fix the
new-dir-only syncing because the code looked wrong. Then I figured out
the indexing problem and thought maybe this one wasn't broken after all,
and then forgot about it.

Finally after lots of debugging, I came to same conclusion again. The
code was wrong, and cause of the remaining "Maildir sync: UID < next_uid
(312 < 3)" errors.

So, please try and see if you still can break this release. Other
changes include some crashfixes for cache file and fix for mbox which
kept constantly rewriting headers for \recent messages if we had
selected the mailbox as read-only (EXAMINE, STATUS).