[Dovecot] Is Dovecot able to use PostgreSQL to store mailboxes?

Maikel Verheijen maikel at ladot.com
Tue Jun 22 14:24:15 EEST 2004

On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> With maildir and nfs you'll can get a very stable system...
We are running with maildir + nfs now, and for a larger (200gb)
mailstore over NFS we run into performance issues with maildir (lots of
small files).

Smaller partitions might do the trick, but we didn't investigate yet.
Furthermore: dovecot and nfs aren't playing nice yet, although the new
dovecot-1.0-test releases look promising :)

> Using database (eg postgres) as storage system can be a good idea
> (mostly when you'd like to search something), but when it get
> corrupted or fragmented... then you'll have troubles....
Same goes for plain filesystems.

> /Savier

Kind regards,
Maikel Verheijen.