[Dovecot] 1.0-test21

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Tue Jun 22 13:53:40 EEST 2004

Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> and about the mentioned procmail: you have sieve ... and i like the
> syntax of it more than the one from procmail. thats why i use maildrop
> atm.
>
> darix

True that about sieve.  But I gave up on it as soon as I found out that
I couldn't shell out.  I run bogofilter as my spam filter and that's
only run as a shell application.  I guess maildrop can handle this as
well, and it might look better than procmail, but sieve definitely
cannot do this.

The shell out capability also permits me to test things against email to
get a better idea of what might be done to limit spam without losing
email.  I have never used maildrop, but I understand it can do this just
as well.  I'm not sure that there is anything that procmail can't do
that maildrop can do and visa versa.