[Dovecot] 1.0-test21

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Jun 22 04:53:21 EEST 2004

hi,

On 2004-06-21 21:44:13 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> But I seem to remember that their indexes had an achilles heal.  If you
> (re)moved an email file via filesystem then the indexes were badly
> corrupted and there was little you could do with that mail directory
> again.  I don't think that this is proper behaviour for imap servers
> under a unix environment.

thats why normally a user cant access the maildirs directly. so this
isnt a case which should happen often. but i agree the failure handling
needs some work for that case. :)

thats one of the points i hate about cyrus. you cant access it locally
direct. only via imap/pop.

and about the mentioned procmail: you have sieve ... and i like the
syntax of it more than the one from procmail. thats why i use maildrop
atm.

darix

--
irssi - the client of the smart and beautiful people

              http://www.irssi.de/