[Dovecot] IMAP and webmail applications

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Fri Jun 18 13:07:16 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 05:21, Tom Allison wrote:
>
>>As for squirrelmail, they seem to want a lot of information regarding
>>the mail architecture (mbox, maildir, folder locations...) and I don't
>>really see where this could come into play with an IMAP implimentation.
>

> I suppose it tries to work around some issues with different server
> implementations. It really shouldn't need them if it and server were
> both fully IMAP compatible.
>
> Well, except for the folder locations. It needs to know what your
> sent-mail etc. boxes are named.

OK, I guess that's about the only one I really got stuck on, but unless
someone's being difficult or esoteric I think everyone uses the set:
           inbox, sent, trash, drafts
with some variation on capitalization.

IIRC, Kmail used something unexpected by me, but I think it was ~/Mail/
instead of ~/Maildir or ~/mail.  Minor, but somewhat predictable.