[Dovecot] Shared folders?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 15 05:51:59 EEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 22:05, Villalovos, John L wrote:
> I haven't seen any info on this so I thought I'd ask.
>
> Is there support for shared IMAP folders?
>
> Quite a few people at work subscribe to the Linux Kernel Mailing List.
> I thought it would make more sense if there could be a shared LKML
> folder that they all could use.  This would save disk space.
>
> Is this posssible?  If so how?

Not really with 0.99.10. But it's mostly because the file permissions
get set wrong (dovecot-uidlist especially). With symlinks and fixed
permissions (use the source) you could do it if you really wanted to :)

1.0-tests have a bit better support for them. You can create
dovecot-shared named file in maildir root with wanted permissions (0666)
and those will be used for the files. It also supports private per-user
message flags for readonly mailboxes (or did at some point, I'm not sure
if they still work).

Of course, 1.0-tests are still broken.