[Dovecot] Default domain ?

David Keegel djk at cybersource.com.au
Mon Jun 14 14:50:50 EEST 2004

] Hello,
]
] I'm in the process of migrating from qpopper to dovecot and I've
] stumbled upon the least expected thing:
] In qpopper I can specify a 'default domain', which will be used if an
] user will only issue his username (not the whole email address) when
] logging in. Because of this, the users in my main domain don't use the
] whole email address when getting their mail.
] I'd hate to have to call each of them and guide through their OE menus
] to fix this issue, so I must ask:
] Is there any way at all of specifying a default domain in dovecot ?

Try setting
	auth_default_realm = ...
in dovecot.conf.

The comment above it is:
	# Default realm to use if none was specified.
Would someone like to suggest a more descriptive comment so more
people looking at dovecot.conf can figure this out for themselves?