[Dovecot] some messages showing up twice

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Sat Jun 12 04:45:09 EEST 2004

I've recently installed dovecot 0.99.10.5 on a redhat 7.3 machine.

Everything seems to be running fine and smoothly for the most part,
however in the past few days I've seen a couple of duplicate emails (and
so have a few of my users) which don't appear to have been processed
twice by sendmail.

also, on one of my IMAP sub-folders my mail client (mozilla thunderbird
version 0.6+ (20040610) nightly) reported 1 unread email, but it didn't
show up in the list.  it appears that the index for that subfolder got
corrupted (i moved all the .index* files to a backup directory and when
i checked that folder, it recreated the index files and then showed me
the one unread email)

I realize that i'm using a nightly build of a beta mail client, but some
of my users reporting similar troubles are using Mail.app and other clients.

does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might do to get some
useful debug info and/or find the cause of this problem?

thanks,

alan