[Dovecot] Corrupted index file

David Keegel djk at cybersource.com.au
Wed Jun 9 11:56:43 EEST 2004

] I've been wondering for a while if reiserfs is dovecot+maildir safe or
] not. I get this too often (and my imap session gets disconnected):
]
] Jun  9 08:42:32 sun imap(nk): Corrupted index file
] /home/nk/Maildir/.INBOX/.imap
] .index: UIDVALIDITY changed in uidlist
]
] This happens always when a new mail arrives in maildir.
]
] It's a Fedora Core 2 box running dovecot-0.99.10.4-4 (redhat) package.
]
] Could the reason for these corruptions be something else than reiserfs?
] I know there has been some problems with Fedora+dovecot but I haven't
] seen this one reported here.

Sorry I can't directly answer your specific question.  But...

You may want to have a look at Warren Togami's message:
	http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2004-June/003627.html
regarding a dovecot-0.99.10.5 rpm for FC2

If you haven't already seen information about version 0.99.10.5:
	http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2004-May/003495.html