[Dovecot] mta/mda config

Jure Pecar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Wed Jun 2 23:13:36 EEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm at the stage of planning our new mail system and am evaluating dovecot for
it.

For large mailstore setups, it makes sense to split maildirs across many
directories. I see that setting default_mail_env to something like
maildir:/var/imap/domain/%1d/%d/%1u/user/%u/ would create almost identical
on-disk layout as multidomain cyrus setup. Now, as dovecot does not have its
own mda or lmtp daemon, how does one configure mta (eg. postfix) to deliver
mail in such maildirs?

Related question ... any cyrus to dovecot migration tales? :)

--

Jure Pečar