[Dovecot] Loggin error with Squirrelmail on Fedore Core 2

Antonio Nunes antonio.nunes at lifefoundation.org.uk
Wed Jun 2 13:56:37 EEST 2004

Hi!

I am switching a mail server setup to a new machine which has RHL Fedore
Core 2 installed, which uses Dovecot.

I managed to get Squirrelmail to work on my personal account, but when
logging in with some other accounts I get the following error as response:

ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
Query: Capability

I did a web search on this and found a message from Tim Middleton who
experienced the same problem. He also suggests a workaround:

"I put in a chron job to touch into existance any non-existing mailboxes for
everyone in the passwd file periodically, which mostly eliminates the
problem. But I'd still like to know why the server is having the problem, if
anyone can make any suggestions."

I would like to try this, but I am still fairly new to Unix. Could anyone
show me how to set up such a chron job? Are there other, manual, ways to
touch the mailboxes?

Thanks,
Antonio Nunes

Don't let who you can be keep you from being who you already are.