[Dovecot] Pam trouble

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 25 19:03:59 EET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 13:13, Benjamin Dabelow wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I can't get dovecot to authenticate properly against ldap/pam.
>
> I've been fiddling with it for several days now, to no avail. It keeps crashing
> with:
> Child died with signal 11

Is this the exact error message? Dovecot doesn't send this, so do you
mean it's PAM subprocess that dies or dovecot-auth process itself?

Crashes are better debugged with gdb:

gdb /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth (pid of dovecot-auth)

Enter "c" command to let it continue. Try logging in. gdb should show
that it crashed now. Enter "bt" command and send me the result.

If it crashes inside pam_ldap handler, it's a bug in it.