[Dovecot] IMAP subfolders

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Mon Feb 23 19:11:54 EET 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:05:35 +0100
Manuel Moran Vaquero <moran at uvigo.es> wrote:

> Is ist possible to specify in dovecot.conf that inbox is in mbox
> format and to use Maildir for the rest of the folders?

I don't think so, but even if it were supported I wouldn't recommend it.
Maildir is far superior to mbox. I understand your reticence to change
sendmail, but having sendmail deliver to Maildir (by procmail, I
believe) will avoid a lot of problems. (Replacing sendmail with another
MTA will avoid a lot more problems, but that may be too much right
now!).

Keith