[Dovecot] RE: Question on folders

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Fri Feb 13 20:44:36 EET 2004

Alex S Moore wrote:
> I have read and read the dovecot docs on maildir folders and think that
> this is what I want.  However, the MUA programs that I use, SylpheedClaws,
> Evolution, Mozilla seem to react differently to how I setup the folders.

I can comment that unless you're using a Trunk build of Mozilla or
Thunderbird, you will have problems with customflags and Maildir with
dovecot. The problem I experience is that label flags are not replaced,
but added - and cannot be removed.

Other than that, Mozilla seems to work just fine. I've got 50+ users
using Mozilla or Thunderbird, with another 100+ on the way from being
converted from POP3/Eudora.

-Rick
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.