[Dovecot] dovecot-IMAP-SSL-StartUp

Pahlevanzadeh Mohsen m_pahlevanzadeh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 15:56:18 EET 2004

Hi everybody.
I downloaded RPM of dovecot for RH9.
& i installed it with "rpm -ivh ThatFILE.rpm"
then i ran "service dovecot start" & i receiving
following lines:

Starting IMAP daemon (dovecot): Fatal: Can't use SSL
certificate /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem: No such
file or directory

    [FAILED]

Then i go to /usr/share/ssl/certs/ & i ran make
dovecot.pem
then i ran "service dovecot start" & i received
following lines:
Starting IMAP daemon (dovecot): Fatal: Can't use SSL
key file /usr/share/ssl/private/dovecot.pem: No such
file or directory

    [FAILED]
Then i ran "cp /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
/usr/share/ssl/private/"
Then i ran "service dovecot start" & i received
following lines:
Starting IMAP daemon (dovecot):
    [  OK  ]
But i after it,I ran "service dovecot status"  & i
received following line:
dovecot dead but subsys locked

Please guide me......
Yours,Mohsen.