[Dovecot] ANNOUNCE: Mailadmin - New web interface for virtual domains

John Thompson john at waste.org
Mon Feb 9 05:23:32 EET 2004

Hey there, I've written a(nother) web front end for postfix + dovecot
+ mysql, it's called Mailadmin. (I'm sure you could use it with
another POP/IMAP server, I haven't though)

You can download it at:

http://waste.org/~jello/mailadmin/

Some features are:

 o Licensed under the GPL
 o Written in perl
 o Written with security in mind
 o Supports regular mailboxes, forward-only boxes, and catchalls.
 o Ability to undelete deleted users (You'll have to do this manually
                                      for now (see TODO))
 o You can add as many admins as you want, and they can only see or
   modify their own domains/users.
 o Uses HTML::Template, so you can edit the pages to appear as you want
   without having to muck through a bunch of code

There are still a few features left to add (deleting domains for
instance), but it's been working great for me for a while.

Also, Debian Sarge (or later) users can use the install script and
brief instructions to go from a bare-bones install to fully working
postfix + dovecot + mysql virtual domains with web front-end in 5 or
10 minutes. Guaranteed! (ok, maybe not _guaranteed_, but it's quite
easy).

Feedback is much appreciated.