[Dovecot] dovecot crash on sendfilev64 on solaris 8 (32bit) (WORKAROUND)

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) naif at inet.it
Wed Feb 4 17:36:31 EET 2004

Hi,

related to my previous email i found that setting "mail_save_crlf = no"
instead of yes make dovecot working.

However if enabled on solaris 8 it doesn't work hanging on sendfilev64() call.

I noticed that maildir file names are still different from maildrop and
dovecot but now works.

However moving bigger mailbox from local storage to remote imap server i
receive "Disconnect for inactivity while waiting for command data" error
triggered by client_input_timeout function in imap/client.c .

The timeout is defined as CLIENT_CMDINPUT_TIMEOUT which is defined as
CLIENT_OUTPUT_TIMEOUT which is 1 minute (60*1000) .

I think that could be usefull to have this timeout tunable because when you
tranfer into the imap server large quantity of data if it takes more than 1
minutes, process goes timeout ( altought with mutt 1.4i client ) .

Regards

-naif