[Dovecot] Newbie question: How to make dovecot read /var/mail/user while using Maildir

Lars Skovgaard lars at misterp.dk
Wed Feb 4 20:12:57 EET 2004

Hi

I've been trying to figure out how to make dovecot read the system
standard /var/mail/user, which is in mbox-format, while at the same
time using Maildir as the preferred method of storage. When in
Maildir-mode, I can store mail on the server without a hitch, but I
don't receive mails. When in mbox-format, I can read and write, but the
risk of corrupting mails is to high for me to consider mbox as an
option.

I would appreciate to hear from anyone who has a possible solution to
this.

Info about my system:

MacOSX 10.2 Jaguar
Apache 2.0.47 running Squirrelmail 1.4.2
PHP 4.3.2
Sendmail 8.12.9
Procmail v3.21

/Lars