[Dovecot] delivery agent in 1.0?

Andrey Panin pazke at donpac.ru
Fri Dec 24 08:24:50 EET 2004

On 358, 12 23, 2004 at 05:39:24PM +0100, "Branko F. Gra?nar" wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> |
> | I'll need to implement one in next few months, so yes.
> |
> | Hmm. This brings to my mind again that it would need Sieve, and mvmf
> | might be a good base for it, but it's still not open source (Mark? :)
>
> libsieve is released under double license:
> http://libsieve.sourceforge.net/license.php
>
> New, sieve2_* api supports reading sieve scripts from char * array,
> therefore it would be very easy to create some sort of sieve script
> fetching abstraction layer...

I tried to use this library this spring and is was quite terrible experience,
like maze of segfaults all different. Parsers (both sieve and mail) were too
fragile, long mail headers could easily eat all your core, memory corruptions
here and there and constantly changing API ugly as all hell. After two months
of horror i migrated to libsieve from GNU mailutils.

I don't know how many of these problems are fixed now... IMHO some of them
were simply by design.

The only good thing about this pile of crap^H^H^Hode is that I learned how
to use valgrind :)

Best regards.

--
Andrey Panin		| Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke at donpac.ru		| PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net