[Dovecot] error when popping mail over DSL

Jeff Ramsey ramsejc at tubafor.com
Tue Dec 21 13:49:15 EET 2004

Hi,
	I have a user who is getting a strange error when popping his mail over
a DSL line. The error in my log file is as follows:

file client.c: line 237 (client_send_line): assertion failed:
((size_t)ret == str_len(str))

I can POP his mail just find here locally connected to the server via
100bT, but over his DSL link, he gets this error.

His mailbox size is 24MB, and he is using outlook w/ the option 'leave a
copy of messages on the server'. He has Outlook 2003 and we use Dovecot
1.0 test 42. Is there a timeout limit on the pop3 server?

--
Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator