[Dovecot] deploying dspam

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Fri Dec 17 14:50:25 EET 2004

Johannes Berg wrote:
> Marcus Rueckert schrieb:
>
>> err this is a cron job thingie.
>>
>> imagine you have:
>>    /var/spool/mail/user1/.ham
>>    /var/spool/mail/user1/.spam
>>    /var/spool/mail/user2/.ham
>>    /var/spool/mail/user2/.spam
>>    so your script iterates over all users and check their spam/ham
>> directories and runs sa-learn against the mails it finds in there.
>> there are options so it learns to the user databases.
>>

> Thats unintuitive. If I want to re-classify a mail as "ham" I want to
> have it in my inbox too. Or any other box for that matter. Timo said it
> was possible to execute actions when messages are moved, so why not take
> advantage of that?
>
> johannes

I would not do anything unexpected.  If you move an email into a folder,
and it's a PIPE, then the user won't be able to go to that folder and
see that the email he moved actually shows up.  That's unexpected.

That's also going to get the user to copy mail again and again and again.

But most clients only move.  If mail disappears because of this...