[Dovecot] deploying dspam

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Thu Dec 16 14:09:56 EET 2004

Tom Allison wrote:

> Shared Folder?
> Wouldn't you have to do something like this anyways?

Something like this in a very broad sense: I have exactly _one_ special
folder, supposed to always contain only spam.

> If you don't like the folders idea, then tagged the SUBJECT lines and
> deliver everything as per usual.  I don't do this, I opt for the
> multiple folders..

Oh, I like the folders idea! I just don't like having to put the
maintenance burden on me as a user. Why shouldn't the system do all this
/behind the scenes/ with a little special help from the IMAP server?

> It's one option.  Just to provide some ideas on how it can work.

But then, what's wrong with my other suggestion about making that scale
by implementing your NewXY folders behind the scenes?

johannes