[Dovecot] deploying dspam

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 19:07:10 EET 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 tallison at tacocat.net wrote:

> Bogofilter and SA, when they added Bayesian filtering) both exhibited a
> rather retarded functionality for the first 100 emails or so.  After a bit
> they began to learn.  Given that initial curve... Unless dspam starts with
> a preloaded wordlist or something else, I can't imagine it's success being
> significantly different at the beginning.

The SA instructions _specifically_ tell you that you must train the Bayes
stuff _before_ using it; you have to feed it at least 500 spams and 500
hams, or something along those lines.

I imagine similar tools suggest the same.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK